Testimonials← Previous Next →
- IT-oLogy is a non profit collaboration of businesses, academic institutions and organizations dedicated to growing the IT talent pipeline and advancing the IT profession. Promote IT. Teach IT. Grow IT.
- Google's innovative search technologies connect millions of people around the world with information every day. Founded in 1998 by Stanford Ph.D. students Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Google today is a top web property in all major global markets.
- Engine Yard is the leading Platform as a Service (PaaS), empowering software application innovation more rapidly, easily and cost effectively. With deep technical expertise, powerful infrastructure orchestration, strong support of the open source community, and world-class service, Engine Yard provides a complete commercial grade solution that enables developers to focus on creating great applications, instead of managing their platform. Thousands of customers in 58 countries, from explosive-growth Web startups to Fortune 500 enterprises, rely on Engine Yard to leverage the cloud for competiti
- ForgeRock is revolutionizing identity - with more than 300,000 downloads in 135 countries in just two years, we built the only unified, open source Identity stack, purpose-built for legacy, enterprise, and next gen mobile and social app development at internet scale - with guaranteed unlimited support and new releases every six months.
- For more than a decade, SIOS solutions have been protecting thousands of mission-critical applications and countless volumes of data for customers of all sizes, across every industry, in all parts of the world. Our innovative high availability and data protection software solutions for Linux and Windows deliver superior RTO and RPO at a lower cost of ownership, whether they are deployed on physical machines or in virtualized or cloud environments.
- SparkFun is an online retail store that sells the bits and pieces to make your electronics projects possible. No matter what your vision is, our products and resources are designed to make the world of electronics more accessible to the average person. In addition to products, SparkFun, through our Department of Education, offers classes and online tutorials designed to help educate individuals in the wonderful world of embedded electronics. Our ever-growing product catalog boasts over 2,000 components and widgets designed to help you unleash your inner inventor.
- SCRA is an applied research and commercialization services corporation with three key missions which define our divisions. Through our Technology Ventures sector and its flagship SC Launch program, early stage, start-up businesses grow through investment and support; technologies are commercialized and inventions make it to the marketplace more quickly. The Applied R&D sector competitively wins and delivers R&D programs to federal and corporate clients, solving problems in a wide range of industries including: shipbuilding, aerospace, advanced materials, ordnance, manufacturing, defense and security. Ideas become reality at our three Innovation Centers. Located in Charleston, Columbia and Anderson and managed by our R&D Facilities sector, these facilities provide incubator space to companies, many of which are university spin-offs.
- Columbia is the state capital and largest city in the U.S. state of South Carolina. The city is the center of a metropolitan area of over 750,000 people. Columbia ranked 34th in the Forbes 2009 "Best Places for Business and Careers" list. A 2010 study of the best places for small businesses by Portfolio.com/Bizjournals ranked Columbia 12th of the nation's 100 largest metro areas.
- We do a lot more than talk about open source and our track record is a clear indication that we are seriously committed to the growth, maturity, and success of open source. We’re a solutions provider, active user, and a longstanding member working side by side with communities all over the world. Today, 1,000’s of developers across our company are focused on Linux and open source projects while many more service professionals are involved in the implementation and support of Linux and open source projects for our customers.
- Benefitfocus is the country's leading provider of benefits technology. More than 18 million members and 300,000 employers manage all types of benefits in the Benefitfocus cloud. By delivering technology that integrates all benefits in one place, Benefitfocus provides a better way to engage consumers, educate employees and simplify benefit enrollment and management.
- GitHub is version control for software development and so much more. Whether it's a weekend side project, your favorite open source library, a startup destined for glory, or your company's app, GitHub helps everyone work together with tools for easier collaboration and more visibility. Check it out — open source is free!
- TM Floyd & Company (TMF) is an Information Technology consulting group dedicated to providing innovative and cost-effective IT solutions. Our goal is to be the insurance industry's preferred strategic partner for IT initiatives. With more than 30 years of experience and working relationships with leading insurance services firms, TMF has the know-how and connections needed to direct the future of the insurance industry.
- Open-source development inspires fresh ideas, accelerates innovation, lowers costs, and delivers exceptional end user experiences. For over two decades, Intel's contributions to open-source projects—from one end of the solution stack to the other—have helped ensure that a breadth of solutions run exceptionally well on Intel® architecture. Through global collaboration, we’ve helped to build a vibrant ecosystem where everyone can prosper. And there’s plenty more to come.
- Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, applied information technology solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education.
- At opensource.com, we want to show you the places where the open source way is multiplying ideas and effort, even beyond technology. We believe that opensource.com is a gathering place for the open source stories we'd like to share--through articles, audio, web presentations, video, or open discussion.
- Oracle is committed to offering choice, flexibility, and lower cost of computing for end users. By investing significant resources in developing, testing, optimizing, and supporting open source technologies such as MySQL, OpenOffice.org, GlassFish, Linux, PHP, Apache, Eclipse, Berkeley DB, NetBeans, VirtualBox, Xen, and InnoDB, Oracle is clearly embracing and offering leading open source solutions as a viable choice for development and deployment.
- OrangeFS, a next-generation, open-source, parallel file system, is the scalable software storage solution for HPC and Big Data. Featuring distributed metadata, modular design, linear scalability and simple installation, OrangeFS also maintains its high performance roots in PVFS. Omnibond, a strong advocate of OrangeFS, provides support, maintenance and development services for high performance and enterprise solutions.
- The PayPal Developer program is the face of technology innovation at PayPal. Using open source foundations in their technology stacks, PayPal is constructing new breeds of identity systems, API standards, and payment platforms to support the next generation of disruptive technology.
- SPARC provides full software development life-cycle support and software product development services with customers in the commercial, federal, and defense contracting industries. SPARC offers a broad range of solutions in order to enhance customer-focused results in an industry driven by state-of-the-art technology.
- Linux Journal, currently celebrating its 17th year of publication, is the original magazine of the global Linux community, delivering readers the advice and inspiration they need to get the most out of their Linux systems. In-depth information provides a full 360-degree look at featured topics relating to Linux, giving a comprehensive source of everything readers need for creating and completing their own projects --not just tools they will use today, but relevant and encompassing information they will turn to in future months and years.
- LinuxQuestions.org is a community-driven, self-help web site for Linux users. Started in 2000 by Jeremy Garcia, LQ is one of the world's most popular free software community sites. The forum section of the site has over 4.7 million posts and nearly a half million members.
- O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Publisher of the iconic "animal books" for software developers, creator of the first commercial website (GNN), organizer of the summit meeting that gave the open source software movement its name, and prime instigator of the DIY revolution through Make magazine, O'Reilly continues to concoct new ways to connect people with the information they need.
- The Pragmatic Programmers is a company with a simple goal: we want to improve the lives of developers. We do this by creating timely, practical books, audio books and videos through the Pragmatic Bookshelf and working closely with the Pragmatic Studio to create the best developer training there is. The stuff we produce is timely and relevant because it is written by programmers for programmers.